Monday, December 10, 2012

Social Commentary

Title: Fun and Games
Camera: Canon Rebel XT
Shutter Speed: 1/500 sec
f/stop: 5.0
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 105mm
Tripod: Yes
               For my social commentary I at first wanted to do the idea of homeless people and hunger. I played with the idea, but never really went out and took pictures of it. Then I got the idea of drugs and alcohol and awareness of that. I didn't know how to get the point across at first. So I came up with staging it and having lights in the background to have the effect of light at the end of the tunnel. Like a mind game, can you get past the drugs and alcohol to see the light behind them? That is how I wanted to get my point across and I came up with this final photo. It was indoors with christmas lights on a black blanket behind the main subjects on a table. I like how it turned out a lot. I just don't know if people will get the point of the lights or the message I'm trying to get across right away. But think about a while then you might.

No comments:

Post a Comment